The Student News Site of Mt. Eden High School

The Monarch Times

The Monarch Times

The Monarch Times

Senior Sign-Off

Throughout our lives, we are constantly changing, growing, and learning. By definition, our human life revolves around the purpose of living life to the fullest. This year there are many seniors from Mt. Eden leaving us. Some may feel bitter or heartbroken to see many of their friends and classmates move beyond high school boundaries and into the intense free will of adult life. To gauge how our seniors feel, I’ve sent out a form in which the seniors have left messages for people inside and outside the campus. From the responses I’ve received, I chose three evident notes to share with all our Monarchs.

From Peter Alegria, “These past four years have been very interesting, to say the least. But I’m glad to have the teachers who have helped me throughout these amazing high school years. The time and effort were long and hard, But it was worth the wait to be able to finally graduate after so long. I know a lot of us have had our ups and downs throughout the years. But I’m still glad to call the Monarch staff and admin, a family to remember and hold dear to my heart. To sum everything up, ‘Once a Monarch, Always a Monarch’ & ‘You can’t hide that Monarch pride!’ Thank you all again for these eventful years.”

Secondly, from Mia Puentes-Garcia, “I’d like to thank all my teachers and friends for helping me become the person I am today and being there for me when needed. I’ve learned so much and matured in the last four years and now that I look back at who I was, I’ve become a completely different person. Covid did take a lot from us, but we managed to grow from our experiences. I’ll miss everyone I’ve met, close friends or not! Congrats Everyone!”

Last but not least, Angelina Lopez, “Goodbye to Mt. Eden! Enjoy the Monarch Days! Also, keep the school spirit alive and going! 2023 Monarchs out!”

While it is upsetting to see such stellar Monarchs leave us, these messages prove that high school is simply one step in the many diverging stairways of life. Just because you are leaving doesn’t mean those friends, memories, hardships, and achievements stay behind; they are triumphantly carried forth into the future. Therefore, the human experience is meant for the path of growth and change, expected or not, either way, we must face them with Monarch pride!